Monday, February 20, 2012

Further Confirmation on ICSB

According to Dr. Scott Hahn, via Facebook:

An invitation to read Exodus for Lent! Our commentary in the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible just came out... Designed for personal study and prayer, it will prepare you to enter into the Paschal Mystery at the end of Lent with deeper understanding of Christ's sacrifice and the New Covenant Passover in the Holy Eucharist.

P.S. We're almost finished with the OT, and hope to see the entire Ignatius Catholic Study Bible published in the next 2-3 years.


So there you go! As long as the world does not end in December, we may actually see a complete, one-volume ICSB fairly soon! ;)

4 comments:

Theophrastus said...

Well, first, I hope that this means that Scott Hahn has had a full recovery from his emergency surgery.

But, second, I am skeptical of a claim about a book that is "almost finished." I would not use the terminology "almost finished" to describe a book that was 2-3 years away from publication.

My skepticism is only increased because I remember the authors making a claim back in 2010 that the project would be completed in 2-3 years from that point! Remember the "jam to-morrow and jam yesterday -- but never jam today" line from Through the Looking Glass?

To use the terms of the finance, if there were a way to have a put option on this claim, I would take it!

Russ said...

Well Tim..I was just watching the news...my money is on November.

Diakonos said...

Unless I put my finger on the table of contents, and place my hand into the concordance, I will not believe it.

rolf said...

I hope it come before I start collecting social security and can't afford to buy it!