Thursday, April 7, 2016

Update: NAB Illustrated and Annotated New Testament for Catholics

This came a couple days back from reader Deacon Dave:
FYI...just discovered that the Illustrated NT from LTP (that carries a HUGE shipping fee from LTP) is now available through Catholic Communication Center without that huge shipping cost. $12.95 for the NT. I got mine a couple months ago and really like the annotations and illustrations.  In case you want to post and pass the info on here is the link.

Here, again, are the details of this bible:
"From the publisher: ""Here is a special opportunity for the Renewal in the U.S., especially in 2016, CCR's Year of Mission in Mercy in our journey to the Jubilee, and to respond to the Holy Father's words to us: And with the Bible, the Word of God, go, preach the novelty that Jesus has given us. Preach to the poor, to the marginalized, to the blind, to the sick to the imprisoned, to all men and women. Includes hundreds of color illustrations including historic artwork and photographs of places mentioned in the Bible. The goal is to make these beautifully illustrated and annotated New Testaments available at a low cost with the idea that our brothers and sisters in the Renewal--besides buying one for themselves to read and study--would buy additional copies to give away in the work of the New Evangelization."" Paperback, 610 pages. "

Update:
You can view a few of the pages here.

11 comments:

rolf said...

I saw this NT at the Religious Ed Congress in Anaheim. If you have ever looked at a NIV Study Bible (or similiar) and saw all the color photos and the extras and thought, why don't Catholics have a Bible like this? Well here is a NT like that!

Anonymous said...

"...without that huge shipping cost. $12.95 for the NT."


I don't know about that. I just used the estimated shipping calculator at CC and it came $8 ! I can only imagine what the shipping price is at LTP!

vladimir998

Deacon Dave said...

$12.95 is what the NT sells for at CCC. The HUGE shipping cost via LTP when I checked a few months ago was almost $20 for a $10 NT!

JDH said...

I did some searching and found this page where you can look inside:

http://www.nsc-chariscenter.org/new-testament-for-the-renewal/

It looks beautiful! I might have to stop reading this blog. It's like constant temptation to buy yet another Bible!

Timothy said...

Thank you JDH!

Mark D. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rolf said...

The one I saw was paperback.

Emilia said...

I know I already said in my e-maik that I am really enjoying the bible you gave me, but I need to say it again...I an really enhoying it! The weekday readings have bern a real blessing (not to mention the three ribbons booyah) : D

Mark D. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CWBuckley said...

What ever happened to that "New Catholic Version" from CBP?

http://www.catholicbiblesblog.com/2015/07/new-catholic-version-new-testament.html

Any more news on that front?

susan n. said...

I just received this bible yesterday. When I opened it I was at first dissapointed with th font size, about 8 for the text and 7 for everything else (and there is alot of everything else to read). As I continued to read it my middle aged eyes did adjust to the size. The text is dark and crisp with plenty of white space. I then couldn't put it down! This is the most beautiful bible I have ever had. The annotations are interesting and prayer inspiring. The pictures are beautiful and brought me right back my trip to the Holyland. It is a paperback but there are signatures with sewing in the center of them so maybe this is a candidate for a rebind. I like it so much that I ordered 3 more copies to give away. The shipping charge was the same for the 3 copies as for 1($8.00 for me in NY state).