Monday, August 24, 2015

Rebound RSV-2CE

Thank you to Raymond for sharing these wonderful pictures of his rebound RSV-2CE.  I love posting these rebinding projects. They are a reminder to me that it is important to continue to encourage our Catholic publishers to consider creating Catholic Bibles that can match the ones produced by our Protestant brothers and sisters, so that we don't have to always resort to getting our favorite Bible rebound.  That said, I am thankful to the fine work that is done by Leonard's and Diego. And now, here is Raymond, with a brief description with pictures:

After reading several articles on this blog about people sending in their bibles to Leonard's to be rebound, I decided to try them out for myself. I sent Leonard's my Ignatius RSV-2CE bonded leather edition. This bible is my everyday reading bible, and I wanted to do something with it so it will last me for a good long time to come. I chose a pebble grain cowhide in green, which is my favorite color. I also think the green gives it a pleasant, and unique look. I had them remove the two red ribbons and replace them with three green ribbons. Originally I had asked them to do blind imprinting, but was informed by them that it doesn't always come out well on the leather I chose, so I went with their suggestion of black instead, especially since I wanted to avoid gold and silver. I must say that the end result of the work that Leonard's did for me far exceeded my expectations. I love the way that my bible lays nice and flat now, along with the softness of the leather. I am so happy that I took a chance on having my bible rebound!





3 comments:

rolf said...

Very nice! I do like the color green for Bibles. I like the pebble grain cowhide leathers because the are soft and flexible but not too floppy. I have had two Bibles rebound in the pebble grain cowhide my Didache in the regular and my Oxford large print NABRE in the extra thick cowhide. I have sent a third (and last) Bible (Catholic Study Bible) to Leonards to be rebound in the pebble griain cowhide cherry bomber (extra thick). I chose the extra thick leather again because of the size and weight of this Bible.

Anonymous said...

Nice rebound is that! It'll surely last...

Erap10 said...

What is the measurement for the height of the Bible? Ignatius' website states that the length is 9" with a width of 6". But how thick is it?