Sunday, January 13, 2013

Death of My Father

I typically do not bring personal concerns to this blog, but I would greatly appreciate prayers for the soul of my father who passed away on Friday. His obituary is below:

Timothy Paul McCormick died January 11, 2013. He was 69 years old, and a current resident of Sterling Heights, MI. Timothy had previously lived in Warren, and was raised in Grosse Pointe. He was born March 31, 1943 in Detroit to Willard and Eleanore McCormick. Tim graduated from Grosse Pointe High School in 1961, and then graduated from Central Michigan University with a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration.

Following college, Timothy worked for Hudson's, and subsequently began a very long and successful career as a pharmaceutical sales representative for Abbott Laboratories. He was a loyal employee as his career lasted decades with Abbott Labs, and he was recognized several times for his high level of work.

Timothy loved sports. He played tennis in high school and college, and continued to play into his adult life. He also enjoyed playing golf. Tim was a die-hard Detroit Lions fan, in addition to following the Detroit Tigers and the PGA Tour. Actively following the stock market was another of Tim's hobbies.

Timothy was the loving father of Lisa Marie McCormick, Jill McCormick Page (Tim), Timothy Paul McCormick Jr. (Rakhi) and Matthew John McCormick; the beloved grandfather of Dylan, Riley, Timmy and Allie Page, Gianna and Judah McCormick; and the brother of Patrick McCormick (Darlene).

The family will receive friends on Sunday, January 13, 2013, from 2-8 p.m. at A.J. Desmond & Sons Funeral Home, 2600 Crooks Road, Troy (between Maple and Big Beaver) with a Rosary at 7 p.m.

The Funeral Mass will be on Monday, January 15 - 10 a.m. at Holy Name Church, 630 Harmon, Birmingham, with Rev. Msgr. John Zenz officiating. Visitation at church begins Monday at 9:30 a.m.

Memorial tributes may be made to:
Mary's Mantle (a safe haven for expectant mothers), P.O. Box 115, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303 or donate online at marysmantle.net.

19 comments:

rolf said...

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Your dad is my prayers this evening!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am an avid reader of your blog from Singapore.

My condolences. I will say a rosary for your Dad.

Peter

Christopher W. Speaks said...

Memory eternal!

Diakonos said...

My sympathies. Timothy. May he rest in peace and may your family know strength and consolation.

Leonardo said...

My condolences, hoping the best for you and your family.

Deep South Reader said...

Prayers your and your father's way, brother.

Anonymous said...


I'm sorry to hear about your father, Timothy.
You and your family and all those who loved him are in my prayers.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord.
And let perpetual light shine upon him.

May He Rest in Peace.

Pax,
John

Steve said...

Prayers and condolences for you and your family at this time.

Steve said...

Prayers and condolences for you and your family at this time of need.

Kenneth Massey said...

Praying for your dad and your family. May he rest in peace.

nashvillensis said...

I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for your dad and for your family.

ThisVivian said...

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord,
may perpetual light shine upon him.

Mary, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Joe Volpe said...

Mr. McCormick,

May the Angels lead thee into paradise: may the Martyrs receive thee at thy coming, and lead thee into the holy city of Jerusalem. May the choir of Angels receive thee, and mayest thou have eternal rest with Lazarus, who once was poor.



Augustine said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Your father and your family are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Prayers for your Dad and your family, May Our LORD comfort you.

John Blake.

Russ said...

Hi Tim:
I am very sorry for the loss of your father. I lost my Mom last March due to the advancement of Alzheimer's. My family will remember your father and your family this evening in our prayers.

Peace,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Tim, so sorry for your loss! A rosary will be said for your Dad.
Sharon in Waxahachie

Unknown said...

My deepest condolences Timothy. Your father and your family will be in my prayers tonight. I hope your family will be able to recover from this great loss. May he rest in peace.

Anonymous said...

Timothy,

I can't express my sympathy better than what has already been posted. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Michael P.