Friday, July 17, 2015

Weekly Knox: Seeing Straight

"We are not, please God, blind as Bartimaeus was, but our spectacles have got a good deal furred over, haven't they?  We don't see straight always; we mistake the things that aren't worth having, the things that aren't worth doing, for things that are.  And when he asks us what he can do for us, we still have to answer, 'Lord, give me back my sight!  Give me back the clear sight I had when I was fresh from school, with all the influence of a Catholic training; give me back the clear sight I had when I was a new convert, and my way was all mapped out for me in black and white.  Give me back the power to see things straight, as they really are!'" -The Layman and His Conscience

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I am growing to like this Knox fella :)

Timothy said...

It is about time! 😀