Thursday, April 2, 2015

Holy Thursday


The tradition which I received from the Lord, and handed on to you, is that the Lord Jesus, on the night when he was being betrayed, took bread, and gave thanks, and broke it, and said, Take, eat; this is my body, given up for you. Do this for a commemoration of me. And so with the cup, when supper was ended, This cup, he said, is the new testament, in my blood. Do this, whenever you drink it, for a commemoration of me. So it is the Lord’s death that you are heralding, whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, until he comes. 
- 1 Corinthians 11:23-26

1 comment:

Russ said...

For the life of me, I simply don't understand how other Christians, who profess to take the bible "literally," never seem to take that passage literally, or John chapter 6, or other similar such passages.

And looking inward as a Catholic, I myself sometimes do not take those passages as seriously as I should.

I hope you all have a blessed Easter season.

Thank you for this blog, Timothy.