Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Baronius Roman Breviary Available Again

I just received word about this from our friends at Baronius and thought I would pass it on to you:

A new edition of the Roman Breviary 1961 in English and Latin.  An invaluable set of books for all those attached to the traditional Roman Breviary, in the form approved by Pope Benedict XVI in Summorum Pontificum. We hope and pray that this edition which has taken many years of work to complete, will help to bring about an increased use of the traditional liturgy in the praying of the Divine Office of the Church.

Unlike the first printing which needed to be reserved, this print run will be sold on a first come, first served basis. Those customers who want to ensure they get a copy should purchase as soon as possible as we have a limited number of copies. Due to the large production costs of the Roman Breviary and difficulties to forecast future demand it is not possible to guarantee that this title will be reprinted again.

Flexible cover, 3-Volume Set, 4.5 "x 7", 6064 pages,$359.95

7 comments:

Amfortas said...

Let's hope they make the page markers long enough this time. They are short and therefore difficult to use. Otherwise a beautifully produced set.

Anonymous said...

Has anyone been able to get their website to work? I tried to buy a set, but can't checkout for some reason. I also can't send them an email through their own website contact email system! There's nothing wrong with my computer.

vladimir998

Biblical Catholic said...

I had the same problem last year when I tried to order the Knox Bible, I ended up accidentally making two orders and got two copies of the book. My advice is to wait a couple days and check your credit card statement to see if it went through before making another attempt.

Anonymous said...

I placed an order that was rejected, apparently because Baronius is a foreign entity whose status is incompatible with at least some American credit cards. I then sent an email to Baronius which in turn arranged for my order to be fulfilled through paypal once I authorized paypal to withdraw funds from my account for payment. I've been notified I should expect delivery on Nov. 1.

Ramil said...

I saw the entry on Baronius' Facebook page on the 29th; I immediately put my order through on their website with no problem at all, and I'm in Chicago. So my experience was fine. Perhaps they're being inundated with inquiries, over the fear that it'll (possibly) be no longer printed in the future?

Theophrastus said...

Does anyone have information on whether this second printing corrects the many, many typographical errors that marred the first printing? (The same might be said for many other Baronius publications.)

Timothy said...

Theophrastus,

I am confident that some were fixed. I pray from the Little Office, which I own in its third edition (printing). Each one has improved the typographical errors of the previous. They even released a 4th edition of the Little Office earlier this year. Of course, one would hope they wouldn't have to go through so many editions to clean up these issues.