Friday, September 13, 2013

Sunday Knox: 1 Timothy 1:12-17

Knox Bible:
"How I thank our Lord Christ Jesus, the source of all my strength, for shewing confidence in me by appointing me his minister, me, a blasphemer till then, a persecutor, a man of violence, author of outrage, and yet he had mercy on me, because I was acting in the ignorance of unbelief. The grace of the Lord came upon me in a full tide of faith and love, the love that is in Christ Jesus.  How true is that saying, and what a welcome it deserves, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. I was the worst of all,  and yet I was pardoned, so that in me first of all Christ Jesus might give the extreme example of his patience; I was to be the pattern of all those who will ever believe in him, to win eternal life. Honour and glory through endless ages to the king of all the ages, the immortal, the invisible, who alone is God, Amen."


NAB:
"I am grateful to him who has strengthened me, Christ Jesus our Lord,
because he considered me trustworthyin appointing me to the ministry. I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and arrogant,but I have been mercifully treatedbecause I acted out of ignorance in my unbelief. Indeed, the grace of our Lord has been abundant,along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. This saying is trustworthy and deserves full acceptance:Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. Of these I am the foremost. But for that reason I was mercifully treated,so that in me, as the foremost,Christ Jesus might display all his patience as an examplefor those who would come to believe in him for everlasting life. To the king of ages, incorruptible, invisible, the only God,honor and glory forever and ever. Amen."

1 comment:

Timothy said...

It is a beautiful reading, in both translations.