Friday, March 15, 2013

Sunday Knox: Isaiah 43:16-21

Knox Bible:
 "A message to you from that same Lord, who could once lead you through the sea, make a passage for you through the foaming waters; could bring out chariots and horses, rank and file and chieftain together in pursuit, to fall there and never to rise again, crushed like a wick, and their light quenched.   Do not remember those old things, he says, as if you had eyes for nothing but what happened long ago;  I mean to perform new wonders; even now they are coming to the birth; surely you will understand at last? I mean to make a causeway over the desert, with streams flowing beside it in the waste.  The wild things will do me honour, the serpents and the ostriches, for thus giving them water in the desert, streams in the waste; but it was for my people’s sake that I did it, to give drink to my chosen people.  I made them for myself, surely they too will have praise to give me!"


NAB:
"Thus says the LORD, who opens a way in the sea and a path in the mighty waters, who leads out chariots and horsemen, a powerful army, till they lie prostrate together, never to rise, snuffed out and quenched like a wick. Remember not the events of the past, the things of long ago consider not; see, I am doing something new! Now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? In the desert I make a way, in the wasteland, rivers. Wild beasts honor me, jackals and ostriches, for I put water in the desert and rivers in the wasteland for my chosen people to drink, the people whom I formed for myself, that they might announce my praise."

No comments: