Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ciao for now!

As I have hinted at in some previous posts, I am getting married at the end of this week. In many ways, this has been a blessed year so far, and the real high point will be celebrating the Sacrament of Marriage on Friday. After the wedding, my wife and I will be spending the following 2 weeks in the Eternal City, minus a weekend in Fiorenza.

So, needless to say, I will not be blogging at all starting tomorrow until early October. However, I do want to take the time to thank all of you who have stopped by over the past year. I have certainly appreciated the many comments and suggestions which you have contributed to this blog since it's inception in September 2008. My hope has always been that this blog would provide Catholics, and other Christians, information about the various Catholic Bible editions and versions that are on the market today. Perhaps in a very small way, this blog can continue to provide Catholic and secular Bible publishers some ideas as to what Catholics would like to see in future Bible editions. Fortunately, there seems to be a steady flow of news concerning Catholic Bible translations and editions these days, most notably the upcoming NAB revision, continued publications of the NRSV by HarperCollins, the NJB/"Bible in Traditions" project, as well as others. So, I look forward to blogging again in early October and continuing our discussion of the future of Catholic Bibles.

May God Bless all of you and thanks again for stopping by!


Prayer to the Holy Trinity
Glory be to the Father, Who by His almighty power and love created me, making me in the image and likeness of God.
Glory be to the Son, Who by His Precious Blood delivered me from hell, and opened for me the gates of heaven.
Glory be to the Holy Spirit, Who has sanctified me in the sacrament of Baptism, and continues to sanctify me by the graces I receive daily from His bounty.
Glory be to the Three adorable Persons of the Holy Trinity, now and forever.
Amen.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Keith

Thomas said...

And here I'd just discovered your blog! Oh well, congrats and best wishes. :-)

St Edwards Blog said...

So many blessings to you! Prayers will be offered on your behalf for this special time in your life.

Fran

rolf said...

Congratulations, may God bless your new life together, and have a great trip!

Edward Pothier said...

Congratulations.

When you return from your honeymoon, will you blog about anything other than the Song of Songs?

Timothy said...

Edward,

Hmm...not a bad idea! :)

Kevin Sam said...

Tim, I'm really happy for you. I wish you God's blessing in your new life as a married man. You will enjoy it brother! I know you are having lots of fun on your honeymoon now.

It was really nice blogging with you. May all of God's blessings go with you.