Saturday, January 4, 2014

Sunday (Blah, Get Rid of Transferring Feast Days to Sunday) Knox for the Epiphany: Ephesians 3:2-3A, 5-6

Knox:
 "You will have been told how God planned to give me a special grace for preaching to you; how a revelation taught me the secret I have been setting out briefly here*; It was never made known to any human being in past ages, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to his holy apostles and prophets, and it is this: that through the gospel preaching the Gentiles are to win the same inheritance, to be made part of the same body, to share the same divine promise, in Christ Jesus." 

Knox Note:
* ‘I have been setting out’; in the last two chapters, especially in 2.11-22.


NAB:
"You have heard of the stewardship of God’s grace that was given to me for your benefit, namely, that the mystery was made known to me by revelation. It was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit: that the Gentiles are coheirs, members of the same body, and co-partners in the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel."

3 comments:

James Ignatius McAuley said...

Tim,

Two things - did you know that a verse form of Knox's psalms exist? They can be found in "The Little Breviary" from 1957.

Also, if you want a 2011 full 3 volume with all the cards copy of the Baronius Breviary, I would sell you one, if you are interested for $200.00

Let me know. In the meantime, back to my NRSV.

JIM

Timothy said...

Jim,

I have heard about that, but haven't spent too much time looking Online for one. Although I am definitely interested in one for sure.

As for the full breviary...that is tempting. Would you be interested in doing a trade? Anything you need? Send me an email: mccorm45(at)yahoo(dot)com

Sofia Guerra said...

Awesome Giveaway. I will post on my blog and FB and twitter with a link back to you. I hope thats ok. Love your blog. Putting you up on our blogroll NOW!

God love you,

Sofia Guerra
Editor, AlwaysCatholic.com