Thursday, July 12, 2012

Coming Soon: A Year with the Bible

Following after Mike Aquilina's A Year with the Church Fathers and A Year with the Angels, noted Catholic speaker and apologist Patrick Madrid has edited A Year with the Bible: Scriptural Wisdom for Daily Living.  Saint Benedict Press has announced that the publication date will be sometime in August. 

Join Patrick Madrid and discover the majesty and power of scripture in A Year with the Bible: Scriptural Wisdom for Daily Living.

Beautifully bound and embossed, this daily devotional offers rich passages from the Bible accompanied by thoughtful meditations by Madrid, world-renowned writer and scholar.

This vibrant and spiritual collection is the perfect daily companion, packed with the wisdom of the Scriptures; the Word of God.

A Year with the Bible is a worthy introduction to Scripture, a daily devotional, a tool for deeper prayer, this book is as versatile as it is beautiful.

Premium Ultrasoft with two-tone sewn binding, ribbon marker and gold edges. New from Saint Benedict Press.


I wonder which Bible translation they used?



2 comments:

Christopher W. Speaks said...

I'm guessing RSV-CE as this is the translation I've heard both Aquilina and Madrid use.

I'm sort of disappointed by the concept of this book. While (I think) the idea is to get non-biblical Catholics to start the process of becoming biblical Catholics - an idea which I applaud - I don't really understand why Mr. Madrid's meditations should provide the daily interpretive lesson. I don't mean any disrespect to Patrick, who is a fine Catholic writer, apologist and scholar, but I wonder exactly how the meditations would be any different or teach a hermeneutic any different than (say) the Max Lucado or Joel Osteen study Bibles. Being an Aquilina publication, I'm sure there will be copious quotations from the Fathers, and perhaps (hopefully) this is where Mr. Madrid will draw the whole of his interpretive wisdom from. Anything less would be, I think, misleading.

Timothy said...

Yeah, my guess would also be the RSV-CE.