Friday, April 20, 2012

Theandric -- XIV

Another rocking song from Theandric, the creator of the official Catholic Bibles Blog theme song. This time, Theandric provides a meditation on the Fourteenth Station of the Cross, when Jesus is laid in the tomb.



Lyrics:

Wrapped in a shroud of silence
Your sacred body without breath
Swallowed by the stillness
Our Lord was put to death

Where else can I go?
You had the words of everlasting life
But now you lie in darkness
And all I have is tears

My yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Suffering is joy when your heart is filled with love.
I walked this Way with your sins upon my back.
My yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Unless the grain of wheat falls to earth and dies,
It remains just a grain of wheat.
Take up your cross and follow after me.
I am the Life that Death cannot defeat

4 comments:

Diakonos said...

VERY nice. And absolutely beautiful stations of the cross. Where are they from? Available in booklet or post cards?

rolf said...

Very nice!

Paolo said...

The Stations of the Cross are liturgical sculptures created by the artist Deborah Luke. Her work can be found at http://www.deborahluke.com

Brendon said...

My yoke is easy and my burden is light.

I always find this scripture striking when I consider that his yoke is the cross, doesn't seem that easy and light!!