Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ignatius Press Top 10 So Far

According to the Ignatius Scoop blog, the top ten sellers at Ignatius Press for 2010 are:

1. Be a Man! by Fr. Larry Richards
2. Heart of the Christian Life by Pope Benedict XVI
3. The Loser Letters by Mary Eberstadt
4. An Exorcist Tells His Story by Fr. Gabriele Amorth
5. Theophilos by Michael D. O'Brien
6. Jesus of Nazareth by Pope Benedict XVI
7. Rome Sweet Home by Scott and Kimberly Hahn
8. 7 Secrets of the Eucharist by Vinny Flynn
9. Ignatius Bible (RSV-CE2, Leather)
10. Ignatius bible (RSV-CE2)

Many of the selections are not surprising really. I know that the Fr. Larry Richards book is selling well and being used in a number of Catholic men's groups, like the one I am a part of. Jesus of Nazareth will continue to be a best seller, probably even more so as volume two is released later this summer. It is also nice to see that two editions of the RSV-2CE are on the chart. I wonder how this list will change once the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible: New Testament is released in a few weeks? I have pre-ordered my edition, and I look forward to providing a review sometime in June.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Ignatius list. Have pre-ordered the New Testament study bible also. Noticed on Amazon yesterday that all formats are scheduled to ship on June 1 now.

rolf said...

I am also glad to see the RSV-2CE in the top ten. Maybe they will offer a large print edition of the RSV-2CE as they did the RSV-CE. I have also pre-ordered the Ignatius Study Bible - New Testament from Ignatius.

Matt said...

Timothy - since you are also planning a review - which format did you pre-order? I'll make sure to pick up a different one so people can see different versions.

-Matt

Timothy said...

Matt,

I ordered the leather edition, mostly to see what kind of 'leather' it truly is.

Matt said...

Hi Tim,

about a month or so ago I emailed Ignatius about their leather and received a note back saying it was identical to the type they currently use on their 2CE's.

That may change your order...

Timothy said...

Matt,

Hmmmm........ I will probably still get it, since I only paid 25 dollars.

One thing I noticed recently at a Catholic bookstore was that the cover to the Ignatius RSV-2CE felt different. It wasn't as tight as the one I had purchased well over a year ago. I also noticed that it was printed in the USA. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this?

rolf said...

Timothy, Did you notice the the new RSV-2CE bibles coming out now use non-glossy paper? I did not have a problem with the glossy paper (I got used to it) and now actually prefer it. It appeared to me that the new paper being used was a little darker, I noticed this change on two different copies that I saw. If this is indeed a new change, then the new study bible coming out will probably use the same paper.

Anonymous said...

Matt, FYI. Check the USCCB web site below. I printed this list of Approved Translations of the Sacred Scripture for a friend at church a couple of weeks ago. It looks like the NAB, Revised Old Testament has been added since then. Could be wrong?
www.usccb.org/doctrine/subcommittee.shtml

Timothy said...

Anon,

The revised NAB OT was approved by the USCCB over a year ago, we are just waiting for a re-revised Psalms. A published revised NAB might be released early next year.