Tuesday, July 18, 2017

A Catholic Introduction to the Bible: The Old Testament (11/30/17)

Now this looks very promising.  (It also is very much needed.)

A Catholic Introduction to the Bible: Old Testament
John Bergsma and Brant Pitre

Just what Catholic colleges and seminaries have longed for! A solid, up-to-date overview of contemporary scholarship's understanding of the language, literature, history, and culture of the ancient Hebrews; how the Old Testament is seen in the light of the New; and how each book is cited in the modern 3-year lectionary. 725 pages, hardcover. Ignatius.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Timothy. I now know what I'll be reading in December!

Michael P.

citizen DAK said...

Strongly agreed :) !
"Bergsma and Pitre are great. Check out their website:
theSacredPage"I

Dcn. Andy said...

Since it's not slated to come out to the first or second quarter of 2018, I don't think we'll be able to read this in December, but I suspect it will be worth the wait. I just ordered my copy and will be looking forward to the NT sequel. This will be an excellent resource for preaching and Bible study, much less for personal use.

Anonymous said...

I pre-ordered this book from Amazon. Was supposed to ship at the end of May. Now it's "unavailable" until August. Not sure if they ran out of books or if it wasn't ready. Oh well. Standing by.