Wednesday, May 18, 2016

An Opening: NLT-CE from Tyndale/Asian Trading Corporation

This blog is going to go quiet for a week or so starting today with the birth of our third child, which is scheduled for tomorrow.  However, I wanted to post some pictures of the NLT-CE that was kindly sent to me by the fine people at the Asian Trading Corporation, based out of India.  They sent me three versions of their brand new NLT-CE's for review, including the compact, bonded leather, and faux leather versions.  Let me just say, I received these editions of the NLT-CE less than a week after contacting ATC.  Their customer service was excellent and very gracious.  They will ship internationally, including the US and Canada.  So, they are highly recommended if you can't wait until April for the Tyndale edition to come out.  (Make sure to get the Tyndale edition too when it is published!)

In the coming weeks, when I get a little more time, I will provide a more thorough review.  Until then, here are some photos for you to consider.  If you have any specific translational questions, I'll do my best to answer them.  Until then......







22 comments:

Deacon Dave said...

First of all...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Prayers and a diaconal blessing from CA for you, your wife, newborn-to-be and all the family!

Second, now I have to go to confession...your pix have caused me to covet my neighbor's leather/faux leather NLT-CEs! Oh my God, I am heartily sorry....

Thanks for the post.

rolf said...

Timothy, congratulations and I will pray for your baby and your family!

Steve Molitor said...

Congratulations Timothy!

Tate said...

Congratulations Timothy!
And thanks for the sneak peak at the NTL-CE's!

Unknown said...

Congrats Tim!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! God bless you all!!!

Ted said...

Is there any mention of who is the artist of the drawings?

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!!

Biblical Catholic said...

What year is the copyright on the text? 2004, 2007, 2009 or 2015?

Timothy said...

Her name is Nicole Kaufman.

Timothy said...

Copyright has 1996, 2004, 2015 for the text, and includes 2016 with the Catholic Edition.

Deacon Dave said...

Welcome, Nicole, and through the intercession of St. Nicholas, may God bless and keep you always!

Timothy said...

Deacon Dave, Nicole is the name of the artist who did the illustrations in the NLT. :)

My son is Josiah Francis

Deacon Dave said...

Well then...blessings and God's peace upon Josiah!

Erap10 said...

Wait a second, is he named after King Josiah?

Timothy said...

Ding ding ding! Yes, you are correct. (As well as Josiah (Jed) Bartlett of the West Wing)

Anonymous said...

God bless Josiah! How about Luke 1:28 in the NLTCE???

Timothy said...

"Greetings favoured woman!"

Erap10 said...

Aawwww maaaan. I wonder if they have a note or something attached to that verse.

Timothy said...

They do, but for the word "greeting" they put or "rejoice."

Simon J. Birnbaum said...

I have the original NLB–CE from 2001 edition on my shelf. The Apocrypha are copyrighted in this year. Now, which ⓒ -date does the Indian edition bear for the Apocrypha (if any)?
Thanks for responding! birnbaum from Germany

Timothy said...

Simon,

There is no specific one for the apocrypha in this edition.