Friday, September 9, 2011

Mel Gibson and Judas (Maccabeus)


So evidently, Mel Gibson is in the process of developing a new film about the Maccabees. Of course, this is not the first time Mel has been involved in producing a biblically-based epic. We all remember The Passion of the Christ, which was a vivid retelling of Christ's last few hours. Even with all the nonsense that Mel has done or said over the past years, I still find that film moving. I am eager to see how this new film, if it is made, turns out. I do love reading 1 & 2 Maccabees. (Although I must admit that a lot of that has to do with my undergraduate major, which was in classical history. )

3 comments:

Theophrastus said...

I posted a few snarky thoughts here.

Shannon said...

"Mad Max Goes to Masada"? What else after "Mad Max Goes to Jerusalem"?

Gloucester's eyes said...

Sounds good - I shall look forward to seeing it!