Thursday, July 23, 2009

Honest Scrap

I have been tagged by Kevin Sam to participate in the Honest Scrap Awards. The rules are that I’m supposed to tell you 10 Honest things about myself and then nominate 7 other blogs that I think deserve to receive the Honest Scrap Award.

So here we go:





1) I have two cats, one is named Hamlet and the other is Noel. This is odd since I grew up in a "dog" family that wanted nothing to do with cats. However, I have come to really like having cats around the house. Why? Well, they are much easier to care for and, IMHO, have a bit more personality than dogs. Please no anti-cat/pro-dog comments! :)

2) I drive a white Pontiac Aztek. Yeah, I know that they haven't been made in a number of years and Pontiac doesn't exist anymore. But hey, I love the car....its got character! Reminds me of a Bradley Fighting Vehicle.

3) I have a hard time reading fiction. I have tried to sit down and read the Lord of the Rings on numerous occasions, but never do I venture out of the Shire. I think once I made it to Tom Bombadil's house, but no farther. I would much rather read something about the Bible or ancient and medieval history.

4) I love Panera. As a matter of fact, I am writing this post while sitting at a Panera. Free refills on coffee and free internet. A deadly combination!

5) While I don't watch many sitcoms on television, there are a few shows that I try to tune in to watch each week. These shows are: Ghost Hunters, Dog the Bounty Hunter, and River Monsters. I use to watch the History Channel often, but that ended once they stopped showing actual history programs.

6) Of all the different types of movie genres out there, I enjoy 50's and 60's sci-fi and monster movies. And yes, my favorite is the big guy from Japan: Godzilla. If you are interested, which I am sure you are not, Classic Media has restored and released many of the original Godzilla films with commentaries and both American and Japanese versions.

7) Politically I am conservative, but I do not consider myself a Republican. Certain issues that I would fall more in the "liberal" camp would be in the area of the environment, poverty issues, and "enhanced interrogation" techniques.

8) I have been blessed to travel to Europe on five occasions. Encouraged initially by a wonderful mentor at Michigan State University, who died two years ago, I have travelled to England, Scotland, Ireland, N. Ireland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, and Greece. Since I studied in Rome for 6 months, there is no question in my mind that Italy is the best. The fact that I have relatives in Italy also helps. The food is also fantastic!

9) I have never been to New York City or Boston. Of all the cities in the USA that I have been to, Chicago is my favorite.

10) Although I have lived in the suburbs my entire life, my goal is to have a home on the outskirts of a metropolitan area with a small river/creek in my backyard.

Nominees:

Whispers in the Loggia
Mark Shea
American Papist
Voice of Stefan
Singing in the Reign
Ignatius Insight
Jimmy Akin

13 comments:

ElShaddai Edwards said...

Re #7, have you looked up the "crunchy con" movement?

Timothy said...

ElShaddai,

Yes, I do enjoy reading him over at Beliefnet, although I like reading Mark Shea's blog probably a little bit more: http://markshea.blogspot.com/

He adds a bit more religious content to his blog, but is also more than happy to call-out republicans as well as dems.

Esteban Vázquez said...

Hey, I drive a yellow Pontiac Aztek!

Kevin A. Sam said...

You cracked me on "enhanced interrogation" techniques as liberal.

Timothy said...

Esteban,

Ah, you have the original color edition of the Aztek. Very cool! Aztek drivers unite!

Kevin,

Yeah, it is a really silly thing here in the US and unfortunate to see certain people try and justify it.

Esteban Vázquez said...

The other day I was stuck in a bit of traffic around here, and it suddenly hit me that I was one five Azteks in a row. It was like a procession.

(And I'll get to this "Honest Scrap" business before long!)

Timothy said...

Esteban,

I have had the same experience! Even though the Aztek has been out of production for at least 3-4 years now, I am still amazed at how many people own one.

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper partner utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ruqobokux.1accesshost.com/sojuku.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a thing, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of ponzy-like structure, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For quite a long time, I make money with the help of these programs.
I'm with no money problems now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I make 2G daily, and I started with funny 500 bucks.
Right now, I managed to catch a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Turn to my web site to get additional info.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

hi people. I'm honestly into shoes and I was searching as far as something that singular brand. The prices as regards the shoes are all over 350 dollars on every page. But definitively I bring about this location selling them for half price. I really like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good morning bros. I'm really into shoes and I have been looking for the sake of that meticulous model. The prices due to the fact that the boots were around 330 pounds on every page. But finally I found this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hi there people. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been digging allowing for regarding that exact make. The prices as regards the boots were all over 320 dollars on every page. But for all I bring about this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what is your opinion?