Tuesday, June 9, 2009

New NRSV Thinline


The continued publication by HarperOne of different editions of the NRSV continues. Coming September 1, they will publish The Go-Anywhere Compact Thinline Bible. So far as I can see, it will come in two edition, with or without the Apocrypha. At this point, I have yet to see a Catholic edition.
The size of this compact thinline NRSV is going to be 6.2 x 4 x 1.1 inches. It will come in bonded leather, with sewn binding. Maps and the always essential "presentation page" will be included as well.
I wonder if this will replace the original Go-Anywhere NRSV that was published back in 2007?

4 comments:

Theophrastus said...

Not two but three editions: you left out this limited edition "statement" pink-ribbon edition (Italian Nu Tone binding).

(The coloring scheme of this special Bible is strongly feminine -- not my own style. However, even though I am a male, I of course am also eager to see greater awareness and screening for breast cancer.)

Timothy said...

Theophrastus,

Yeah, pink is probably not my color either!

However, I wonder why the "pink" edition is Italian Nu Tone, while the others are bonded leather?

Anonymous said...

Timothy,

You and your readers may be interested to know that christianaudio.com is having their semiannual audio download sale through July 3rd.

The NRSV New Testament (and most other titles) are available for $7.49. I plan to download the mp3 to replace my NRSV cassettes.

Although christianaudio.com seems geared toward a predominantly Protestant audience, there are a number of titles of interest to Catholics as well, including Richard John Neuhaus, GK Chesterton, and others.

Keith

Timothy said...

Thanks Keith!